Blog #1



Hello! My name is Kyla! I am a freshman at Battle Mountain High School and currently, I am participating in a club called Spilled Ink. In Spilled Ink, we get to draw, write and do some photography. We draw many things and right now we are working on Thanksgiving themes. We are also writing poems about certain subjects. Last week, we wrote poems about vampires. One of my favourite things we do is photography and I love submitting pictures of fall! Those are some of my favourite things to do. When I'm not at school, I am hanging out with my friends or playing with my cats. I have two cats named Noodles and Pesto. Yes, I know they're named after food. It's a long story I can tell a different day.
The trip I will be going on is to Morocco which is a country in Northern Africa. In Morocco, we will be teaching English to several students and helping out at Abde Salan Middle School. We will also be participating in home visits to meet families and make new friends. Children’s Global Alliance is an amazing non-profit that gives us an opportunity to go to different countries, to learn about new culture and to teach and help as well. I first heard about the Children's Global Alliance when my mom showed me a flier and I decided to come to a meeting! I applied to CGA by going to the first meetings, filling out some paperwork, and going to an interview! I decided to sign up because I knew it would be a fun experience. This trip will help families from Morocco to improve learn English and more about each other's cultures. It will help me understand how different other countries can be from America. I hope to learn about the similarities and differences of children of my age in Morocco. My family consists of my Mom, Dad, and my two cats. my family is quite adventurous and we love to do new things. Ever since I was little, my family has had a sense of travel. Every couple of years we will save up for a big trip like in Europe or South America. Recently, we spent an entire month on two islands close to South America and had a wonderful time! Currently, we are going through paperwork to host an exchange student from Argentina. I am very excited to get to know her! At the moment, I have raised about 430 dollars and will be getting a job soon. I raised the first amount of money by a combination of babysitting, chores, jobs, allowances, and selling old toys and other items, all those efforts in order to go in Morocco and volunteer other there! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #3: My takeway from this experience: